Kids dentistry in Braselton specializes in dental care for children ranging from infants to teenagers. But why take your child to a pediatric dentist instead of to the dentist that you’re currently going to? Here are just a few reasons why it might be a good idea to look at pediatric dentists with practices near you.
1. They have specialized training. Because kids dentistry in Braselton specializes in caring for children’s teeth, they are better equipped to handle the problems that often plague children’s mouths such as cavities, tooth decay, over-retained baby teeth, and in the case of older children and teenagers, wisdom teeth.
They are also qualified to administer sedation to young patients undergoing more intensive dental treatments. These dentists, in fact, must spend two to three years in additional training after completing four years’ worth of dental schooling in order to practice pediatric dentistry, focusing on child psychology, growth, and development
2. They are experienced in calming children. Because pediatric dentists see and work with children on a daily basis, they are especially familiar with the concerns that children have when coming to the dentist and can tailor their approach to address these concerns. They have more experience than traditional dentists have in calming children and helping them feel comfortable in the dentist’s chair and will look for especially child-friendly dental hygienists to staff their offices.
3. They can help with habit counseling. Habits such as thumb-sucking and teeth grinding are common in children, and if you’re having trouble getting your child to break these habits, kids dentistry in Braselton can help. Sometimes sitting down with your child and a pediatric dentist, and having the dentist teach about the importance of breaking teeth-harming habits, will be the push your child needs to nix the habit for good.
4. They tailor dental care to your child’s development. Pediatric dentists are especially mindful regarding how to instill healthy dental habits early on for life-long dental health, what preventative care needs to be taken in adolescence, and so forth. For example, a child’s first view visits to the dentist might be geared more toward teaching young children how to properly care for teeth and gums, while focus might then shift to promoting the healthy development of adult teeth, and eventually fine-tuning healthy dental hygiene practices.
5. They help make dental care fun. Pediatric dentists have the unique opportunity to build their offices around the patients that they most often see, meaning their offices are often more colorful and may feature decor with a fun theme like aquatic life or outer space. Waiting areas will also often feature more fun options for children waiting for their visit to the dentist. All things considered, your pediatric dentist’s office might actually become a place that your child actually looks forward to paying a visit to.
Is it time for your child’s next – or first – dental appointment? Call our office today to schedule an appointment – we are experts at kids dentistry in Braselton and can take care of all their oral health care needs.